For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
Jesus Christ Witness God’s Victorious Army
Charity No. 1081578 www.godpod.org.uk
SPRING 2020 NEWSLETTER
Charity No. 1081578 www.godpod.org.uk
‘Lift up your eyes on high and see: who created these? He who brings out their host by number, calling them all by name; by the greatness of his might and because he is strong in power, not one is missing’. Isaiah 40: 26 ESV.
Praise the Lord for yet another wet day; let’s praise Him in it for we are alive.
I have just seen that the coronavirus has stopped the latest Bond film hmm!! It must be getting bad! People are afraid and fearful of the unknown, but we have a greater virus that people don’t seem to trouble about, called SIN and there is no medical cure. We are already dead spiritually.
EPHESIANS 2:1 says we need to be made alive by Jesus. We need to repent, turn around, stop going down the wrong road, own up to our wrong doings and not to blame our circumstances or others but “seek the Lord”. If we are in trouble ask “help Lord,” for whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Jesus suffered far more than we ever will, but He counted it pure “joy” to make a way for us to be safe; to have peace, hope and His presence in times of trouble.
Dear reader there is nothing in this world like knowing that your sins are forgiven and starting a relationship with the living God through the finished work of the dear Lord at Calvary. We may not think we need Jesus but we most assuredly do. If we don’t allow Him to pay the price for our sins we will have to. Sin cannot enter heaven, Jesus said, “I am the way the truth and the life, no-one comes to the Father except through me” John 14: 6. Easter blessings. Mick.
Who is in control?
Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus,
In 1929 A W Pink shared these words, “without a doubt a world in crisis is at hand, and every-where men are alarmed”. But God is not! He is never taken by surprise. It is no unexpected emergency which now confronts Him, for He is the one who “works all things after the counsel of His own will.” (Eph 1:11). Hence, though the world is panic stricken, the word to the believer is “fear not”! “All things” are subject to His immediate control; “All things” are moving in accord with His eternal purpose, and therefore, “all things” are “working together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose.” Excerpt from chapter 1, The Sovereignty of God.
Does anything from those sentences sound familiar in today’s context, with the current fears gripping the planet? The tabloids and news reports constantly remind us of these facts. However, God is no distant spectator but He still reigns over all! He is the same yesterday, today and forever. It is not the devil who is in control; it is not world leaders or the coronavirus, or natural forces. As in Mr Pinks day, this truth needs to be ‘thundered from every pulpit’ and declared that He is the law giver, He is the creator, He is the infinite one, He is all powerful, He is is the one who saves through Jesus our Lord! Hallelujah!
Bus Outreach Times for Each Evening
The bus ministry continues to operate 5 nights each week Monday to Friday by God’s grace. We value your ongoing prayers as we go out to each venue as seed sowers of the gospel and speak of Jesus to all who will listen.
Monday 7pm – Ryde Western gardens (Ryde Esplanade)
Tuesdays 7pm – Freshwater Moa Place Car Park
Wednesday 7pm – Wroxall Station Road Car Park
Thursday 7pm – Shanklin Main Co-op Side Car Park
Friday 6pm – Newport Church Litten Car Park
This Easter we are planning to walk the cross around the island once again to promote the gospel. This will include the Good Friday street witness also at St James Square, Newport.
Please see below the schedule for the week’s activities.
– Sunday 05th April 8.30am. Start from Ryde Elim, Albert Street, Ryde, via Puckpool, Seaview, St Helens, Bembridge, Sandown, Lake, Shanklin, top of Cowleaze Hill.
– Monday 06th April 9.00am. From Cowleaze, Ventnor, Whitwell, Niton, Blackgang, Chale, Chale Green, Shorwell.
– Tuesday 07th April 9.00am. From Shorwell Church, Brighstone, Brook, Chessell, Freshwater, Totland, Yarmouth.
– Wednesday 08th April 9.00am. From Yarmouth, Shalfleet, Porchfield, Gurnard, Cowes, over floating Bridge, East Cowes.
– Thursday 09th April 9.00am am. From East Cowes, Newport, Rookley, Godshill.
– Friday 10th April 10.30am – 1.30pm – Street outreach St James Square, Newport.
– Sunday 12th April 8.00am. From Crematorium, Wootton, Binstead and finish at Ryde Elim.
If you would like to be involved then please contact by phone or email as shown at the bottom of the newsletter. Please pray for the team’s physical durability for the week but especially that there would be gospel conversations shared with wisdom and care with the view that the dear Lord would gracefully water the seeds sown.
Teaching Weekends – Paul Carter
We plan to have 4 teaching weekends again this year through the visit of Paul Carter. Below is listed the first two of these. These dates can be also seen on our website www.godpod.org.uk. Anyone is welcome to come and join with us. For more info please phone one of the team.
– Friday 27th March 7.30pm Wayfarers Fellowship, Castle Street, Carisbrooke.
– Saturday 28th March 9.30am Wayfarers Fellowship, Castle Street, Carisbrooke.
– Sunday 29th March 11.00am Bethany Evangelical Church, Union Street, Newport.
– Sunday 29th March 6.30pm Lake Green Mission, Percy Road, Lake.
– Friday 12th June 7.30pm Wayfarers Fellowship, Castle Street, Carisbrooke.
– Saturday 13th June 9.30am Wayfarers Fellowship, Castle Street, Carisbrooke.
– Sunday 14th June 10.30am Ryde Elim, Albert Street, Ryde.
– Sunday 14th June 6.30pm Ryde Elim, Albert Street, Ryde.
Our sincere thanks again to those who have continued to support the work of the bus outreach financially and prayerfully.
May God richly bless us all in His service.